If you’re like most people, the only time you think about your AC unit is when it’s not working correctly. However, dealing with a malfunctioning AC unit is not a pleasant or desirable situation, especially during the summer. That’s why it’s essential to ensure that your AC unit is running efficiently; one crucial component is the fan speed. This article will discuss how the AC professional changes the speed of your AC fan.
Tom’s Heating & Air Conditioning is your go-to HVAC service provider that offers top-notch AC tune-up in Fort Smith, AR. This post will give you the inside scoop on how it’s done and why it’s so important.
Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your AC Fan Speed
Before we dive into the details, note that changing your AC fan speed isn’t something you should attempt independently. Only a trained professional should handle this task to avoid damaging your AC unit.
Here’s how our process typically goes:
- Step 1: Our AC technician will turn off the power to your AC unit.
- Step 2: We will remove the cover to access the blower motor and control board.
- Step 3: We will identify the wires connected to the control board and adjust the speed settings accordingly.
- Step 4: We will reattach the cover and turn the power back on.
- Step 5: Finally, we will test the AC unit to ensure everything works correctly.
Benefits of Changing Your AC Fan Speed
Now that you know how and why to change your AC fan speed, let’s look at some of the benefits:
- Improved Comfort: Changing your AC fan speed can improve your comfort by distributing cool air evenly throughout your home.
- Lower Energy Bills: Running your AC unit at a lower speed can reduce energy consumption and utility bills.
- Longer Lifespan for Your AC Unit: When your AC unit runs efficiently, it’s less likely to experience wear and tear, resulting in a longer lifespan.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: A slower fan speed can help your AC unit remove more humidity from your home, resulting in better indoor air quality.
- Reduced Noise: Running your AC unit at a lower speed can reduce noise levels, making your home a more peaceful place to be.
Changing your AC fan speed is a job for a professional. Contact Tom’s Heating & Air Conditioning for all your AC tune-up needs in Fort Smith, AR. If you live in another area, search for “AC servicing near me” to find a qualified technician locally. By doing so, you can ensure that your AC unit is running efficiently, resulting in improved comfort, lower energy bills, a longer lifespan, better indoor air quality, and reduced noise.